This page describes how to report what you consider to be copyright infringement or defamatory articles.
This page will help you find the right place to report content that you would like removed from BreakingModern in accordance with applicable laws.
Providing us with complete information will aid us in investigating your inquiry. To file a copyright infringement, defamation, or other notification with BreakingModern, please send a written notification to PUBLISHER@BREAKINGMODERN.COM that includes the following:
- Identification of the copyrighted work, work allegedly infringed and/or work allegedly defamatory;
- Identification and LOCATION of the materials identified above, including its URL;
- CONTACT information of the notifying party, including, address, phone number, and email;
- A statement that the notifying party is acting in good faith and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which AND may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under subsection (c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and the person making the notification is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner alleging infringement and/or allegedly defamed party. (Note that under 512(f) any person that knowingly or materially misrepresents that material or activities are infringing may be liable for damages.); and
- A signature, electronic or written, from the person making the notification.
To expedite the notification process, please send the written notification to the designated agent for AND. The contact information of the designated agent can be found in the list under aNewDomain LLC located at http://www.copyright.gov/onlinesp/list/.
Please note that a copy of each legal notice we receive may be sent to the Chilling Effects project (http://www.chillingeffects.org ) for publication and annotation. Chilling Effects is a joint project between law schools in the United States that seeks to provide a database and information on the requests to remove information from the internet. Chilling Effects will redact the submitter’s personal contact information (i.e. phone number, e-mail and address). To learn more, please refer to the Chilling Effects website identified above.