BreakingModern — For a free music streaming and digital radio service that combines live radio stations with custom personalized stations, look no further than iHeartRadio. The app and browser-based tool provides access to hundreds of live radio stations from across the United States and gives you the ability to create a commercial-free custom station. It’s really the best of both music streaming worlds.
iHeartRadio offers access to more than 1,500 live radio stations, covering genres like pop, country, R&B, alternative, talk, news, sports and comedy, with the ability to browse stations by genre and location. Users can choose a thumbs up or down to rate songs and give feedback to the DJs across the country with the click of a button.
If you’d like to create your own custom, commercial-free station as mentioned above, start by choosing a song or an artist from the 20 million songs and 450,000 artists currently available. Then adjust the Discovery Tuner to choose among three options to indicate how much variety you’d like in your station.
iHeartRadio includes features designed to help you create a personalized listening experience from any device.
- For You details personalized station recommendations based on your musical history on the site. You can improve your recommendations by connecting to Facebook and importing your Facebook likes, or by changing your genre preferences.
- Live Radio offers you a choice of location, including drop downs for country and city, and another drop down for genre to help you select your favorite radio stations from across the U.S. and beyond.
- Custom Radio starts with popular artists and offers you an option to filter by genre.
- Genres groups the available stations by genre for easy selection.
- Shows provides a drop down menu so you can select the type of show you’re looking for, then offers you a selection of on-demand episodes of popular shows for each of the available types.
- Perfect For gives you options based on your favorite activities or events, such as a road trip, Thanksgiving, Monday evening, having a laugh or working out. After selecting an activity or event from the drop down list, iHeartRadio offers you twelve options of stations and playlists to choose from.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy option for streaming music from your computer, you can visit the iHeartRadio site, click a couple of options and you’re listening. If you’re looking for a more-personalized experience, log in using an email address or your Google Plus or Facebook account to create, save and share your stations from anywhere.
iHeartRadio is available for free online, from your mobile device, in your car and on connected devices in your office or at home. It doesn’t get much more connected. Download the app for Android on Google Play, Apple iOS, Kindle Fire, Windows Phone, or Blackberry. The app is also available for Xbox 360, Roku, and Sonos, and for many car makes including Ford, Lexus, Subaru, and Toyota. For other device and car apps, visit the app page here. You don’t ever need to be without iHeartRadio.
For BMod, I’m Becket Morgan.
All screenshots: Becket Morgan
Featured/Header image: “Radio Free Strawberry” by Alan Levine via Flickr Creative Commons